Lemon pepper shrimp made in 15 minutes.
A quick, zesty flavoursome shrimp recipe with pepper, that will give this seafood dish mild heat.
Adding a little sweetness at the end cuts down the sharpness of the lemons and helps the two main ingredients(lemon juice and pepper) to enhance the taste of the shrimp.
Flavours of lemon and pepper shrimp.
The two main ingredients in making this shrimp dish are lemon and pepper. The lemon juice should be just enough to add a tang, while the pepper should be adequate enough to give a hint of heat.
Once the shrimp is marinated they are then sauteed with butter, and the result is a simple shrimp dish that is super easy to make.
This shrimp dish packs the necessary flavours to make it addictive.
Meal ideas with lemon pepper shrimp recipe.
- Toss them with some garlic oil-infused noodles.
- Make a lemon pepper pasta dish.
- Make skewers and grill them.
- Toss them with your favourite salad.
- Serve with garlic bread.
- Serve with a bowl of garlic butter mushroom.
Frequently asked questions: lemon pepper shrimp.
- Can I use frozen shrimp?
- Yes, you can use frozen shrimp.
- How do I clean and devein fresh shrimp with the shell on?
- Use my guide on how to clean and devein shrimp post to learn how.
- Can I make the lemon pepper shrimp ahead of time?
- Yes, you can make this peppery shrimp recipe a few hours earlier and slightly warm it or serve it as a cold starter.
- What can I do if I add too much lemon and the shrimp turns too sour?
- Adding too much lemon can really throw off the flavour of this shrimp dish, only add the recommended amount.
More easy shrimp recipes
Ingredients to make lemon pepper shrimp.
To make this easy appetizer shrimp recipe, you will need 9 ingredients. these are basic pantry ingredients.
Most of the key ingredients are seasonings which vary from lemon to garlic to salty.
Though basic, they do provide the necessary backdrop to highlight everything you love about shrimp.
- Shrimp cleaned and deveined, tail on.
- Pepper powder
- Garlic powder(or 2 cloves of garlic minced)
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
How to make lemon pepper shrimp
Clean, and devein the shrimp.
Remove any excess water from the shrimp. Add flour(3 tbsp), pepper(1 tsp), garlic powder(1 tsp or 3 cloves of minced garlic), and salt(1/4 teaspoon) to a large bowl.
Add the shrimp to the ingredients and coat them thoroughly.
Set the coated shrimp aside to marinate.
Place pan over low medium fire and add the butter(3tbsp)let the butter melt.
Add the prawns and saute them over low-medium heat.
Pour in the lemon juice(2 tbsp)and continue cooking the shrimp in butter.
Add the lemon zest(1/4 tsp), and sugar(1 tsp).
Saute with the shrimp. less than two minutes for each side to avoid them turning rubbery.
- 500g of shrimp cleaned and deveined, tail on
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder(or 2 cloves of garlic minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Clean, and devein the shrimp.
- Remove any excess water from the shrimp. Add flour(3 tbsp), pepper(1 tsp), garlic powder(1 tsp or 3 cloves of minced garlic), salt(1/4 teaspoon) to a large bowl.
- Add the shrimp into the ingredients and coat them thoroughly.
- Set the coated shrimp aside to marinate.
- Place pan over low medium fire and add the butter(3tbsp)let the butter melt.
- Add the prawns and saute them over low-medium heat.
- Pour in the lemon juice(2 tbsp)and continue cooking the shrimp in butter.
- Add the lemon zest(1/4 tsp), sugar(1 tsp), and saute with the shrimp. less than two minutes for each side to avoid them turning rubbery.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 51Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 57mgSodium 277mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 6g