Grilled shrimp skewers with pineapple. you can get all your favourite tropical flavours with these quick and easy grilled seafood skewers.
All you need to do is to toss the shrimp in sweet, spicy marinade, thread them between some pineapple cubes and grill them.
Brushing the marinade on the shrimp while they grill adds more flavour to them.
Grill them over your outdoor griller or on a stovetop grill pan.
Serve while they are still warm and crunchy.
SERVE YOUR grilled shrimp skewers with…
- Serve over rice. here are a few rice recipes to try.
- Quinoa, couscous, and risotto are some mains you can serve instead of rice.
- Serve with some garlic bread and cornbread or some grilled corn cobs.
- Serve with an easy pasta salad or a creamy potato salad. you can also serve the shrimp skewers and potato wedges.
- Serve with some sauteed green beans or roasted veggies.
- An Asian coleslaw or a creamy coleslaw, or cucumber salad are some salads you serve as well.
tips to make the grilled shrimp skewers.
- You can use frozen shrimp that has been thawed. pat dry the shrimp before adding them to the marinade.
- To reduce washing and workload, you can use a ziplock bag to marinate the shrimp.
- Soak the skewers for 15 minutes before threading the shrimp on to them.
- I have used a stovetop grill pan which helps me to regulate the heat from low to medium heat.
- You can slightly char the shrimp which will add a smoky flavour, only make sure not to burn them.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: GRILLED SHRIMP SKEWERS.
- What type of grill are you using to make the BBQ shrimp?
- I’m using a stovetop grilling pan.
- Can I use an outdoor charcoal or gas grill to make the BBQ shrimp?
- Yes, use the same marinade, and extend the marinating time of shrimp to an hour.
- Can I make these shrimp skewers with the shell on?
- Yes, if you are grilling on an open fire then it is best to have the shell on the shrimp. this would be ideal if you are grilling on your out door griller.
- What size shrimp should I use?
- Medium sized tail on or jumbo shrimp would be ideal.
- What size should I cut the pineapple into?
- They should be larger than 1″, maybe 1 and 1/2″. Canned pineapple will not work for this recipe.
- Can I make the shrimp skewers ahead of time?
You can marinate the shrimp, thread them with the pineapple, cover with cling film and refrigerate 3-4 hours before you need to grill them.
Take them out from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling time to reach room temperature.
More shrimp recipes.
Ingredients to make grilled shrimp skewers
You will need 9 ingredients to make the shrimp skewers. most of the ingredients are used to make the sauce or marinade.
shrimp and pineapple are the key ingredients in this recipe.
- To make the marinade.
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Minced garlic
- Minced ginger
- Hot sauce
- Lime juice
- To make the skewers
- PIneapple, cored and cut into 1 and 1/2″ pieces
How to make grilled shrimp and pineapple skewers.
Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, ginger garlic, hot sauce, lime juice, oil in a bowl. mix until sugar dissolves.
Place shrimp in a medium sized bowl and pour the marinade onto the shrimp.
Combine the shrimp with the marinade and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
While the shrimp marinates, soak the skewers in water for at least 15 minutes.
Once the shrimp are marinated, thread the shrimp and pineapple to skewer, each skewer. you can have 3 shrimp and 3 pineapple pieces in each skewer.
Once you thread them, adjust the shrimp and pineapple so they are spread evenly.
Preheat your out door grill or stove top grill pan, brush some oil over the pan or the grate.
Place the shrimp skewers on the grill pan/hot grate. use the remaining marinade to baste the shrimp skewers.
Grill for 3 minutes on each side. Continue to baste the shrimp and pineapple as it grills.
Once both sides are grilled, place them on a platter and serve with some lime wedges.
Serve them while still warm for best results.
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic(about 2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger(about 1" piece)
- 1 pound/ 500g of large shrimp with tail on
- 1 small pineapple, cored and cubed into 1 and 1/2" pieces
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce(any type of hot sauce)
- 2 teaspoons of lime juice
- Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, ginger garlic, hot sauce, lime juice, oil in a bowl. mix until sugar dissolves.
- Place shrimp in a medium-sized bowl and pour the marinade onto the shrimp.
- Combine the shrimp with the marinade and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- While the shrimp marinates, soak the skewers in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Thread the shrimp and pineapple to a skewer, each skewer can have 3 shrimp and 3 pineapple pieces.
- Once you thread them, adjust the shrimp and pineapple so they are spread evenly on the skewer.
- Preheat your outdoor grill or stovetop grill pan, and brush some oil over the pan or the grate.
- Place the shrimp skewers on the grill pan/hot grate. use the remaining marinade to baste the shrimp skewers.
- Grill for 3 minutes on each side. Continue to baste the shrimp and pineapple as it grills.
- Once both sides are grilled, place them on a platter and serve with some lime wedges.
- Serve them while still warm for best results.
Nutrition InformationYield 7 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 108Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 137mgSodium 866mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 5gProtein 15g